Monday, January 27, 2014

Katfish Photography Introduction

Hi, I'm Katie!

I have always had a passion for photography. It has been a fun hobby and a way to document my life. I had my son in 2011. After relying on others for professional photographs of my young son, I looked for a way to do it myself!

This led to the purchase of my first Nikon DSLR in July 2012. That lit a fire in my belly to actually use this very expensive gizmo to capture great photos of my family. I studied books, attended two eight week sessions at my local community college, a workshop with a local photographer and constantly studied Facebook pages and blogs of various types of photographers.

In May 2013, I started offering sessions with families in order to hone my skills. This led to my Katfish Photography Facebook Page. I now do sessions during the weekends with area families. I am so happy to be able to provide others with beautiful images of their own.

I am hoping to use this blog to document my progress, post on skills that I learn as well as share sessions with my wonderful clients.

I look forward to sharing with you!

1 comment:

  1. Kate, I love your work and a common friend recommended you. I had asked you a few weeks ago about traveling to DesPlaines. You said that you do charge for such a trip. We are now very interested since our little cutie finally seems to be outgrowing his awful colic. Please contact me. I am leaving a cell number on your private messages on FB. Maureen Bauer

    ReplyDelete